Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: My EWS64S is driving me mad

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Tinde's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2000
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    Hey all

    I have really annoying problem with my EWS64S. Every time when I'm in a hurry and I need to resample something to a new wav.file my card starts to make some weird clipping noise. There's no reason, why it does that. It's the dark forces I guess.

    First I thought the noise would dissapear if I'd used Ed!son while recording in Mix mode instead of loading banks to my RAM with SetManager. But when the problem showed up next time, that did nothing.

    Gladly I'll get my Hammerfall within two weeks and I can throw my EWS out from the window (I hope I lived in a higher building, that would be more symbolic to watch when that card flies).

    I have all the latests drivers and I can even get 12ms latency with Cubase with those ASIO drivers (removing those won't do any good btw), which is quite good with EWS I think.

    My Setup consists:
    P3 550/128 MB RAM
    Quantum Fireball Ka Plus UDMA/&& HD and some lamer one to sofware and Windoze
    EWS64S with 34MB RAM
    SOYO Motherboard 6b-IV (something)
    And an optical mouse, which just went crazy and I have to reboot. Rebooting windows finished.

    I hate computers

    By the way

    If my 550Mzh P3 ain't capable of running more than 3 simultaneous SynthPlay Drivers... What's the point having 32 of them?

    You would have to need a P64/2000000000000
    with millions of Terabytes of memory to run those. (and there prob. ain't a ISA slot in that puter)

    Despite of sarcastic tone of this post, my problems are real, they make me mad (I've allready broken my old cassette player (had to use that cause EWS didn't worked) and my computers box) and I need help.

    Timo www.mp3.com/lootus

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jaakko Salli's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    I had very similar problem with my EWS64S after installing the Win98 drivers TerraTec released last summer.

    Only solution was to install previous drivers (from year '98 I think) and then the synth record worked fine. Even TerraTec tech support could not resolve this problem in any other way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •